ben_miller246102

Guide to Add XML Identifier Instance (Qualifier Value)

Discussion created by ben_miller246102 Employee on Nov 30, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 9, 2018 by george.swartzendruber826995

This is less of a question and more of a guide, even if only for my own future reference.  I don't know why but every single time I go to add an identifier instance to an xml profile I end up scratching my head.  I look it up in the documentation and while it is explained there, it never seems to be illustrated well enough for me to figure it out.  So here it is.

I need to replicate this identifier instance for "name=MSRP Price."  The ironic thing is that I made the identifier instance shown below and I spent way too much time today trying to figure out how I did it.

The issue for me really revolves around creating the qualifier value.  So this is how it is done.  The key piece here is "Name"  Since that is the element that needs to have the qualifier.  Go to the Types tab and attempt to find this element.  Personally, I expanded everything and just did a ctrl+f in chrome to search for it.  One of the confusing things about this for me is illustrated below:

How do you know which one is the right one?  I honestly am not sure, but trial and error should solve it for you, though in this case the last one seemed to be the best one anyway and it turned out to be correct.  So add your identifier instance as shown below.  Meaning add the value that you need to filter by.  Another point of confusion is shown below.  I clearly had another identifier instance that was using the value "Offer Price" yet that qualifier doesn't exist here.  So apparently this can get cleared and you can keep your identifier instance.  My best guess is that the last time I imported the xml from NetSuite, this got cleared.  This didn't make it easy for me to figure out how I made the last identifier instance though since my qualifier no longer existed.  

Now we can go back to the Data Elements tab and add our identifier instance:

Cheers!

Hopefully this will become second nature for me eventually, but so far I have needed this so many times I had to post this for my own good.  I hope it will help someone else as well.  I can almost guarantee I will visit my own post several times in the future.  As a side note, I have a suspicion that xml profiles that are imported from a file are probably simpler to do this with, because some of the guides showing how to do this never seemed to require going to the Types tab.  I am not positive about that yet though.  

Outcomes