AnsweredAssumed Answered

Best Practices for Re-Usable, Custom Validations

Question asked by nielsond on Jan 5, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 20, 2018 by leif_jacobsen

I'm brand new to Boomi and I'm trying to implement a series of data validations after the mapping operation is complete.  Common things like validating the format of an SSN, validating the format of a email address, ensuring a field matches a set of valid values, etc.

I tried using a Business Rules shape, and adding script input functions, but I can't seem to reference the script outputs in the conditions of the business rule.  Only the script name appears in the drop-down list for comparison, not the outputs of the script. 

What is the best practice for implementing these types of validations?  Ideally, I'd like these validations to be performed against the output of a Map shape, because I'm going to have many different processes that all have unique input schemas, but will all map to the same output schema, and I'd like to be able to re-use these validations across all of various processes.

Additionally, I'd like to perform all of the validations against a particular record, so that if there are multiple issues with a single record, all of the issues can be resolved without having to resolve one, then re-process the record to find out if there are any other issues with the record.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Outcomes