Hello - I am trying to understand how to find changes execution shape works. The help document doesn't provide any scenario and explanation exactly why and how this shape is used. If anyone can share some good scenarios to help it understand.
Below are the observations:
1) Find changes shape is used mainly for detecting incremental changes provided the process doesn't error out after the find changes shape.
2) If the process runs smoothly, then only your find changes shape wiil be useful.
3) If by any chance after the find changes shape, your process fails by any reason, then from the next run of your process you won't get the previous incremental records. Because once the find changes shape gets executed, then thats it, it will identify the changes and route them accordingly to the Add, Update,Delete paths.
4) So, My recommendation would be do not use this unless and until you are 200% sure for no errors in your process at any time If you are dealing with the Incremental(Delta) records.
5) Note: See the Find Changesshape, Find Changesshape example.
6) Important Point:
If you are using a local Atom and you are testing the Find Changes shape in a process, you need to reset the shape before deploying the process to production. To reset the Find Changes shape within a specific process, delete the process’ files from the <atom_installation_directory>/work/cdc/<component_ID_of_process> directory. ( Taken this point from the Help Documentation of Boomi).
Below link will get you more idea about Find Changes .. with example..
Find Changesshape example
Retrieving data ...