AnsweredAssumed Answered

Tracking Component Versions across environments

Question asked by jhart@freeportlng.com on Jan 22, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 22, 2018 by jhart@freeportlng.com

I have a similar question to this:Is there an API to retrieve process details? 

I understand during process deployment, a snapshot of all related components at their current revision is bundled into the process and deployed.

From the UI, you can even pull up a list of a deployment's constituent components, and their revision number.

What is NOT clear, is the relationship of shared components during separate deployments.

Example:

Two processes, Process1 and Process2, both make use of the same database profile - DBTableProfile - because they target the same table.  

1.  Process1 is deployed to DEV environment.  DBTableProfile revision 1 is packaged and deployed with it.

2.  I make changes to DBTableProfile, and save it to revision 2.

3.  Process2 is deployed to DEV environment, WITHOUT redeploying Process1.  DBTableProfile revision 2 is packaged and deployed with it.

4.  Both Process1 and Process2 are deployed to TST environment. DBTableProfile revision 2 is packaged and deployed with them.

The result I would expect is for DEV to have two revisions of DBTableProfile while TST has just one revision - revision 2.

So I'm curious if my understanding is correct - deploying Process2 will NOT automatically change Process1's reference?  Revision 1 will remain on DEV until Process1 is redeployed?

Next question I have, is there some coherent manner in which I can manage shared component revisions across many different processes across multiple environments?

Outcomes