AnsweredAssumed Answered

Where should the Process Route component be located?

Question asked by raymond.yip241560 on Jan 26, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 23, 2018 by Adam Arrowsmith

Here is the simple process implemented in our account:

Test Process Route

Running in Test mode in our account using a local atom, it failed with the following exception:

com.boomi.process.ProcessException: Unable to initialize Process Route; ensure the process route component is deployed.
at com.boomi.process.shape.ProcessRouteShape$ProcessRouteHandler.<init>(ProcessRouteShape.java:537)
at com.boomi.process.shape.ProcessRouteShape.initImpl(ProcessRouteShape.java:131)
at com.boomi.process.shape.BaseProcessCallShape.init(BaseProcessCallShape.java:81)
at com.boomi.process.graph.ProcessShape.setShapeModel(ProcessShape.java:250)
at com.boomi.process.graph.ShapeFactory.createShape(ShapeFactory.java:92)
at com.boomi.process.graph.ProcessGraph.loadShape(ProcessGraph.java:244)
at com.boomi.process.graph.ProcessGraph.loadShape(ProcessGraph.java:257)
at com.boomi.process.graph.ProcessGraph.loadGraph(ProcessGraph.java:215)
at com.boomi.process.graph.ProcessGraph.<init>(ProcessGraph.java:118)
at com.boomi.process.ProcessExecution.call(ProcessExecution.java:809)
at com.boomi.execution.ExecutionTask.call(ExecutionTask.java:935)
at com.boomi.execution.ExecutionTask.call(ExecutionTask.java:61)
at com.boomi.util.concurrent.CancellableFutureTask.run(CancellableFutureTask.java:160)
at com.boomi.execution.NestedExecutionForker$NestedSynchronousExecutionFuture.runSynchronous(NestedExecutionForker.java:203)
at com.boomi.execution.NestedExecutionForker$NestedSynchronousExecutionFuture.get(NestedExecutionForker.java:171)
at com.boomi.execution.NestedExecutionForker$NestedSynchronousExecutionFuture.get(NestedExecutionForker.java:150)
at com.boomi.execution.ExecutionTask.getChildResult(ExecutionTask.java:1307)
at com.boomi.execution.ExecutionTask.getChildResult(ExecutionTask.java:1293)
at com.boomi.process.shape.ChildInvokerShape.getChildResult(ChildInvokerShape.java:41)
at com.boomi.process.shape.BaseProcessCallShape.baseExecuteSubProcess(BaseProcessCallShape.java:248)
at com.boomi.process.shape.BaseProcessCallShape.baseExecutePassthroughSubProcess(BaseProcessCallShape.java:214)
at com.boomi.process.shape.ProcessCallShape.executePassthroughSubProcess(ProcessCallShape.java:202)
at com.boomi.process.shape.ProcessCallShape.execute(ProcessCallShape.java:125)
at com.boomi.process.graph.ProcessShape.executeShape(ProcessShape.java:558)
at com.boomi.process.graph.ProcessGraph.executeShape(ProcessGraph.java:488)
at com.boomi.process.graph.ProcessGraph.executeNextShapes(ProcessGraph.java:572)
at com.boomi.process.graph.ProcessGraph.execute(ProcessGraph.java:307)
at com.boomi.process.ProcessExecution.call(ProcessExecution.java:811)
at com.boomi.execution.ExecutionTask.call(ExecutionTask.java:935)
at com.boomi.execution.ExecutionTask.call(ExecutionTask.java:61)
at com.boomi.util.concurrent.CancellableFutureTask.run(CancellableFutureTask.java:160)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.boomi.process.ComponentLoadException: Process Route component does not exist with id: resource::rout:bcf10478-3608-4937-a146-a7996926941a
at com.boomi.process.util.ProcessRouteService.getRouteComponent(ProcessRouteService.java:121)
at com.boomi.process.shape.ProcessRouteShape$ProcessRouteHandler.<init>(ProcessRouteShape.java:534)
... 33 more

The error implies that the Process Route cannot be tested because it is not deployed, however when we recreated these processes in a Boomi training account and ran it in Test Mode using a Test cloud atom, it worked as expected.

At first I thought it might be due to the test cloud atom, so I enabled the test cloud atom in our own account and ran it again in Test mode using the test cloud atom, but it threw the same exception.

Next I checked the atom folder for the resource bcf10478-3608-4937-a146-a7996926941a, which I found located in the directory \Atom\resources\processroute. I checked the logs and noticed that it was looking for this Process Route component in the \Atom\components directory instead, so I copied the file from \Atom\resources\processroute to \Atom\components and tried running my process in Test mode again.

This worked, but it raises more questions.

I wanted to test the Process Route component before deploying it, so where should the component be located in the Atom directory? If it should have been the \Atom\resources\processroute directory, then why was the process trying to locate it from the \Atom\components directory instead?  Or, if it should have been in the \Atom\components directory, then why was it in the \Atom\resources\processroute directory instead?

Outcomes