viral.mistry748390

Mail Connector Listen process with Lotus Note POP3 and an email with attachment and inline

Discussion created by viral.mistry748390 on Jan 31, 2018
Latest reply on May 2, 2018 by kuldeep.chauhan.ext584665

Hi,

I have a business requirement ,

1. Boomi Mail connector needs to connect to lotus note POP3 email account and read and process an email with attachment.
  2. Additionally, if POP3 mail box has any email without attachment, throw notification to sender to send an email with valid attachment file. 

I have my implementation like this,

1) Boomi process has two branches,

1.    1st branch has mail connector operation to get attachment mail messages
  2.    2nd branch has mail connector operation to get inline mail message

Both operations in branches do delete of mail messages after trigger (delete from POP server check box mark as "Checked")

I came across three technical issues here with Mail connector implementation,

1) Read a message instance  - "an email without attachment" from mail box

Scenario 1:   If I received an email without attachment into lotus note mail box and if my Boomi process gets trigger to pick this mail message file, Boomi process without throwing any error skip mail message reading. 

Scenario 2: If I received an email without attachment and an email with attachment into lotus note mail box and if my Boomi process gets trigger to pick these mail messages, this time, Boomi picks scenario 1 email message along with scenario 2 email messages. 

Scenario 3: If I received an email with attachment, that process correctly into Boomi process. 

I tried to apply all possible changes to execution of operation, but still not find any solution for this issue. 

2) If I keep delete from POP server check box mark as "un-checked" under operation, the mail messages are not getting read from POP3 email account. 

3) Current mail box settings is to consider mail as text, so Boomi mail connector considers any image part of body part of the mail message as also an attachment and process further. Current, Boomi Connector might simply support MIME encoded mail message processing. 

Regards,

Viral B. Mistry

Outcomes